- Wind Cave is the fourth longest cave in the world.
- However, though 135 miles have been discovered the 'experts' think that they've only found 5% of the cave. If true, this would make it the largest cave in the world.
- So far, all 135 miles are crammed into 1 square mile (with a depth of 1/3 mile). That's like cramming 134 inches of a string into 1 square inch.
Wait, you don't want more facts? Well, too bad:
- The cave was "discovered" by the settlers in the 1880s.
- This cave has very little water, so you don't see stalagmites or stalactites. Instead...
- 95% of the world's box-work is found in Wind Cave.
This is only a few of the facts I gleaned from my 3 hour trip. Boy, what fun!