Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reason #17 that I'm Getting Old

When you read this blog, please be aware of the time it was posted. Then subtract an hour. Then remember that the 24th is Sunday. And then you'll say to yourself, man, unless Redhead in Rapid has kids (which he doesn't) he must be old, cause who is going to get up so freaking early.

Fortunately, the internet exists to confirm my bias and make me feel good about myself. To that end:
Early risers are more proactive than evening people:
Yes, according to Christoph Randler who surveyed 367 student participants and found a correlation between their self-reported 'morningness' (as revealed by their answers to questions about how easy they find it to get up in the morning and how alert they feel) and their self-reported proactivity (measured by their agreement with statements like 'I spend time identifying long-range goals for myself' and 'I feel responsible for my own life'). The correlation was relatively weak (.44, where 1 would be a perfect match) but was statistically significant. 
Yay! Statistically significant!

No comments:

Post a Comment