Monday, May 3, 2010

Me NBA Playoff Picks

I'm a wee bit late to this party, but let me throw out my picks. Having missed the first round, I'm able to smartly not choose the Mavs or the Nuggets and understood that the Celtics are proverbially bringing it. Also, I was able to see that Mr. Yglesias was right, the best predictor is point differential,* not win/loss record. Look at the first round, to a series the team with the better point differential won the series.

For the 2nd round that would mean the Jazz, Spurs, Cavs, and Magic will win and the Magic coming out Final victors. I don't think that will happen, because not every team plays the same schedule, so here we go:
  • Lakers over the Jazz
  • Suns over the Spurs
  • Cavs over the Celtics
  • Magic over the Hawks
Conference Finals:
  • Lakers over the Suns
  • Cavs over the Magic
Finals
  • Cavs over the Lakers
Boring, yes.

* Please note that the team with the worst point differential is the one and only Minnesota Timberwolves. Sheesh... 

3 comments:

  1. Even a post about the playoffs has to bring up the Timberwolves. Sheesh about it indeed.

    That point differential is a big deal isn't it. John Hollinger, the stat dude for ESPN, is huge on that. Somehow I think the Celtics might bust it up and prove that equation wrong this year. They seem to be heating up at the right time. And Rondo is amazing.

    I don't know why but I'm just hoping the Cavs don't win. I want the city of Cleveland to get a championship, but for some reason I find myself pulling for the Celtics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understood, you can never go wrong with Mr. Garnett, my true basketball love. If I had my druthers I would want to see the Suns versus the Cavs, with the Suns winning it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can go very wrong with Mr. Garnett. I can't stand him anymore. I think he's a dirty jerk on the court, and realize now he may always have been, but I might have simply excused it when he was with the Wolves.
    Sorry to trash talk your true basketball love.

    ReplyDelete