Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow has come...

again. And again the world is changed, united in monochrome beauty. It reminds me of my pastor in Minneapolis and the verse from Isaiah 1:18:
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD.  "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."
The meaning is plain and as I gaze at the snow I ought to be reminded that my sins shall be forgotten. However, I actually think of my pastor who despised this simile. To him snow has to be shoveled and moved and disposed of so that you can go about your business. Snow is cold and annoying and a big pain in the butt.

My pastor lives in Minnesota.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nate,

    This is nate from DC. I just discovered your blog today at work (your taxpayer dollars are hard at work). This is great. I hope to see more GAO reports of the week

    ReplyDelete